Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jay Chou talks about his movie plans: will choose commercial movies over artistic movies

Source: Xinhuanet

A few days ago the Mandarin version of Jay Chou's new book "Music = Video != Music" was released. Yesterday, Jay Chou accepted a mail interview from a reporter, he talked about his movie plans, he calmly stated artistic films were not his favourite, he would always choose commercial films first to film.

"Music = Video != Music" is Director Chou's third book, compared to "Iron Box Of An Island" and "Grandeur de D Major", this new book talks a lot about content related to movies. When talking about his honourable role in the movie "The Green Hornet", Director Chou stated that besides participating in the filming in Hollywood, he was careful to take notice of the equipment foreign countries use to film: "Actually what they use is about the same as us. I was thinking, what's different. But what I can be certain of is, we have a lot to learn in terms of post production techniques." Director Chou admitted he liked commercial films more than artistic films: "Even though Secret can be considered a love artistic film, but a love artistic film is definitely not my first choice, and is certainly not my favourite. I'm the same as an average audience member, I like big productions with big scenes, classic commercial movies. I don't think that watching commercial movies makes you common, and you don't think of yourself higher by watching artistic movies."

Jay Chou's ex-girlfriend Patty Hou is getting married in Bali, Jolin Tsai has a mixed model boyfriend, this has made Director Chou seem a little sad: "I often think, these people beside me, how deep is the fate between us?" Jay Chou stated in the mail, he likes to use MVs to reflect his view on love: "I'm fascinated by the topic of a previous life and current life, because it's impossible to describe my visual just using one era. Passing up a chance in a previous life and missing it again in this life, such a regretful love, it seems even more beautiful, alas regretful memories leave the deepest impression on people, this sort of thinking is completely reflected in my MV." As to whether Director Chou wants to settle down, he stated: "I only believe in this kind of thing - fate."