Monday, October 27, 2008



Overage Thinking

Overage Thinking,does it sound familiar?Well it does,it's actually a play of Teddy Geiger's debut album entitled Underage Thinking.But I'm reversing it to "Overage Thinking" for the fact that I'm not underage anymore.

For the past few years,I am actually thinking overage.I'm thinking overage because at 22 years old and still not having a single history of a boyfriend is absolutely wrecking.Not even a single suitor in my whole 22 years is evident.How bad can this really get?!Twenty two is too young to get married but too old to have her first boyfriend just yet.You see,I'm not really the school campus heartthrob kind of girl when I was in school.I'm more of the nerd type of kid in school.Quiet,almost serious all the time,aloof etc.I was like that and still kind of like that until now.Maybe these were and still are the reasons why I'm honestly way past the time.The reasons why I'm thinking overage right now.

Sure,every kid have their own crushes and things like that.When they grow up,they go to highschool and have their first boyfriend;first kiss;first date;first sex and all that are firsts.They go to college and have their second,third and what countless boyfriends including flings and chatmates or textmates.Me,I didn't have any of these but ofcourse I wouldn't want to get engage in any kind of premarital sex when I was in highschool until now,alright. It's just that I didn't experience those other three firsts that are usually being experienced by girls in their highschools days. I was really a sheltered girl,partly I think because of my family and the way I was brought up.

Higschool come and go and so does college.Things like boyfriends or others like this didn't really happen to me then.Memorables ones were purely academics or with friends but never with romantic involvements.The fact of my having a crush with a classmate when I was in high school is not counted because it was just a crush. And that crush of mine,kept bugging me with his weird antics but it never translated to something romantic cause he got a girlfriend a year older than us when we were in our third year.

In college,it was weird cause I didn't have, not even one crush until I graduated.I still like that crush of mine in high school but we haven't seen each other since graduating high school and besides we weren't really close. He was studying then in MMSU in Batac, Ilocos Norte and that was all I know then.

My second year in college came,surprisingly that crush transferred here in Manila. And another surprise,he even enrolled in a school near mine.This was the time when we kinda started talking like friends. I think he didn't have a choice,cause I was the only one he knows who lives nearby then. So he started asking me favors and I started helping him and to keep in check I still like him. But still were not yet close then,I would rather say we were just friends on talking terms.We only get to see each other or talk to each other when he wanted my help and just that. So third year and fourth year came and nothing else happened.

Graduation came and I started working and he started reviewing for the board exam. We were totally lost in our own worlds.And October came and it's not a surprise that he passed the board.Apart from that,I was the the first one whom he broke the news.
Then November,he started working in Makati where I also worked then.Coincidentally or was it by choice,I think it's the latter. So he ended up working near mine.And we started eating lunch together,going home together,talking more often.That was it,a complete turnaround of events.

And this year came,another turnaround of events.He has changed,everything has changed.We weren't really like this before,but it's different now.The way we talk to each other has changed. We now talked often on the phone and he's saying things that's hard for me to imagine.We see each other now more frequent. Things have really changed.I don't know how to explain this or even describe it.Maybe some would call it M.U. but I really don't know myself what to call it.But again,I am still under the spell of overage thinking