Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First Gilmore Sunday

Sunday,October 12,2008 is a very fateful day to me.It marked another part of my life history. It all started when I told him about my plans to buy myself a notebook.I think, after some thinking he decided to give me a hand. Which to me is very surprising considering that we are not just talking about small amounts here.Well,he could have just said that he'd accompany me to buy since he's the one who knows a lot about computers. It felt like I was knocked off my seat when he voluntarily obliged that I could use his credit card so that I could buy a better bargain. I only had 20k cash and 5k of it was from my mother which I will be paying installment. Automatically, I asked why so sudden he's offering this really big help to me. He said that he needs cash to buy a computer or two I guess for his sister,Ate Jaliza because the money will be arriving later than expected. But you see,If I was him I wouldn't even think about letting somebody use my credit card. If we were brothers,sisters,very close cousins,parents etc that is tolerable but we're not. We just happen to be friends.

My college friend Anna who knows almost everything about me and him gave me a very good discussion over the phone about this. She said,even though he needed the cash, maybe he also made this to appear as an alibi so he could lend me his credit card. I was thinking at the back of my head that she was right. I even asked him,would he do the same thing to anyone else of our friends and he said no because to him,I'm special. It's so nice to hear him say these kind of words. But I don't really know if he meant everything he's said.

On Saturday,October 11,we both have agreed to meet up at my place at 9am. The next day,I woke up at 9am so I'm practically late. So we ended up meeting up at 10am. If I had woken up early and we took off at 9am,he might have seen my second older brother. I don't know what should have happened if my brother saw us. You see,my brother isn't really aware of him going to our house or of any guy visiting me. So I'm quite sure he's going to ask me or us something. Luckily, he didn't see us cause he left earlier.

So we walked together and took a jeep to Legarda. To my dismay,I paid our fare for the jeep. I was thinking,since it's just cheap amount then I'll let him pass this time. However,when we reached LRT Legarda station,he asked me to pay for his fare as well. ( Kuripot talaga!) So we boarded the LRT and sat while talking about stuffs like my brother Jorge and Ate Jean asking him during Ate Jaliza's wedding about me.

After a few minutes,we are already in Gilmore.His bestfriend who's also my friend was already there.Fast forward, we went to a store at the second floor of a building. There's this open alley so I went out of the store and went there. After a few minutes, he came to talk to me. And he suddenly took my cap off and tried it on him. Then we went down and continue to look for a good buy. Almost every store allows only straight payment. But then finally,we found one which allows installment.
I was really touched that when they were configuring the laptop,he never left at the receiving counter and continued to look after it while I was there sitting.

Fast forward,we ended up going home through a taxi. Those boxes were really big,so me and him ended up sitting together sandwich at the front seat. It was really uncomfortable for me. You see,it was the first time that we ever had that really close contact with each other. His shoulders was brushing against mine. It really was uncomfy but so sweet. To my shock, he suddenly touched my right knee. I'm not really used to this kind of feeling,it sends chills to my body specially because I like or love him for that matter.

This day was also the first day I have ever stepped on his unit. And anothet first is that I ate lunch there with them. So many firsts have happened this day. I couldn't even explain the feeling. I don't know if I could ever get myself to call this thing between us as "closeness" or maybe something more than that. He's saying a lot of things that you know so sweet to hear but I don't know If I should take it seriously. I don't know what's on his mind and what is this thing between us. This all started when he began calling me first week of August. He started saying sweet nothings and ridiculously sweet words. We usually talked over the phone two or three times a week until now. It's really hard for me to expect or even asked him what all of this means. But if there's one thing constant,that is what and how I feel for him.