Thursday, October 23, 2008

October Quirk

October has given its name a new gist. First week of October 2007, when I bought my most expensive purchase yet in my whole 21 years of living. It was my very first cool hi-tech phone, a Sony Ericsson K550i. It was one of the latest handsets then. I was really intending to buy W200i but since it is phased out already, I then opted for K700i. But one agent at Semicon suggested that I should just buy K550i because it’s not joystick. So there, I got my first cool phone at less than Php10,000.

And today is October 23, 2008. It has been a week and 4 days since October 12 when bought this laptop at Gilmore which I’m using now to type this entry. It is an Asus 1000H, the newest unit from Asus Eee PC series. It is ranked No. 1 and most popular at http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/notebooks with an impressive rating of 8.8. Plus, this has been recommended to me by Kennedy. Well, thanks a lot to him cause I wouldn’t be able to buy this if not for him.

What makes this laptop extra special is because this is my most expensive purchase ever and he had a very special participation for making this possible for me. I couldn’t thank him more for this. He was very hands – on when we were still having talks about it until we have purchased it. He was there watching it being configured, he never left and told me take it away.

He also downloaded software’s that I needed: itunes,limewire,winamp etc. He was so patient in doing this, that it took me by surprise why so sudden he was giving me all this help. At the same time, these things has made this October out of ordinary. My first laptop and him, two of the most treasured pieces of my life. Things have never been this happy for me. I owe this all to him for making one of my imaginings probable. He sure has made it up to me that he has felt remorse about what has happened, when he wasn’t able to give me the Harry Potter collection he promised last December 20.07.

I told him on Tuesday night, October 21 that I appreciate all the efforts he has done. Even though it wasn’t really expected of him to do all those things for me. I am very thankful. I also told him that I’m not being dramatic; I’m just giving him a rightful response for his very unexpected efforts. And all he could muster was a “gudnyt “with a winking emoticon.


From now on, October will always be incomparable.