Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jay Chou considers himself a good lover, earns 5 hundred million in 6 years, wants to retire in 4 years

Super money printing heavenly king Jay Chou has earned NT$23 hundred million (about 5 hundred million yuan) in 6 years, a few days ago when he was interviewed in Singapore, he surprisingly said: “If by 35 I don’t sell well anymore I’ll end it, there’s no need to waste my life in the entertainment circle, I don’t dare to expect little kids to take an uncle for an idol, I can look past it.”

Having been out for 10 years he’s gained both money and fame, yet he says he’s seen through the reality of the entertainment circle ages ago, the key point is when he went to America to film the movie “The Green Hornet” last year, on the other hand his TV series “Pandamen” which he directed was ripped to shreds from criticism, it really hurt him, “I’ve had a really deep emotion all along that my own people aren’t supporting ourselves, if it’s like this I’ll do it well for you to see! I know a lot of Japanese and Korean stars went for screen tests, at the end they were defeated by me, it was so cool, my nationalism is very strong, I wanted to prove that right now it’s the Chinese who are strong”!

Jay Chou expressed that during his time in America he saw a lot of foreign stars walk about on the streets wearing shorts and flip flops, they lived a very normal life, he really envied them, he also learned how to be a normal person again. He’s really pleased to have “done stuff normal people do” recently, including walking around Ximending, going to KTV, driving to the riverside park to play basketball, even though he still had to wear a mouth mask, but he’s already very satisfied: “I’ve finally gotten the time to stop and return to a normal life, the feeling is great!”

Another thing he laments is, he’s discovered that scabs form between stars, the problems comes from the opposing forces between companies, perhaps this reveals the key factor to his frozen relationship with Alan Luo and Jolin Tsai at the time; but this year, all these friends have returned to his side, he thinks it’s him who has grown up and matured, he doesn’t take things to heart, “Thinking about it we came out about the same time, those friends who fought with me, the friends you made back then are your real friends”.

But he’s supported friends to become famous, however, the results are often obvious, Jay Chou said: “Even if it turns out like this, I can’t stop helping because of this, I won’t care about what other people say, as long as I feel it’s good doing it then it’s fine.” Since friends are so important to him, is he someone who “favours love over friends”? He hesitated for a second and said: “Probably! With the premise of a girlfriend, friends move into second place.” After saying that he praised himself: “I’m quite a good lover right!”

Jay Chou considers himself a good lover, because no matter how busy he is he’ll make time for the two to spend with each other, “If it’s things boyfriends and girlfriends do such as going out, watching movies and going to the supermarket, I’ve done them before. I would try my best to make the girl feel like I’m not a star, that I can live a normal life, it’s just that the frequency of such things is a lot less”.

Selina’s boyfriend Richard Zhang confessed at the S.H.E. concert, Director Chou admired it, “That was really courageous, it was really moving, but this isn’t something I would do, because I like to be low key”. Up till now he doesn’t even hold a girl’s hand in public, the reason being “he doesn’t want to be photographed”. Will there be a day when he courageously announces his relationship? He responded with certainty: “Yes! I’ll reveal who the bride is on the day of the wedding, that would be diao!” It seems like he’s gotten addicted to playing cruel tricks on everyone like when he magically made rumoured girlfriend Jolin appear at his Taipei concert, he even wants to play tricks with his marriage.

Earned most money: from 2004 to 2009, Jay Chou has earned 23 hundred million by himself, he is the biggest earning star in Taiwan

Most awards: he has won 13 Golden Melody Awards, including producer, composer, king of songs, MV director, and the rest, he’s only missing the lyricist award, he has no competition in this area.

Fastest to go to Budokan: in 2008 he went to Budokan in Tokyo, he was the second Chinese person after Faye Wong, he is the first Taiwanese artist

Fastest to film in Hollywood: last year when he was 30, with his “broken English” he defeated Japanese and Korean stars to get his first Hollywood movie “The Green Hornet”, he is the first Taiwanese male star to take on Hollywood