Sunday, March 20, 2011

10 things you’d ask Jay Chou

This year marks Jay Chou’s 10 years in the industry, at the same time he has released his 10th album “The Era”. Thus, to both the fans and Jay Chou, this is a very important time.

A few days ago, Jay Chou was interviewed by the media, he talked about some of his feelings in his 10 year career.

1st question: Looking back at your 10 years, what was the biggest change in you?

Jay Chou: I think in terms of music there hasn’t been any really big changes, I’m still very persistent. I think all I’ve changed is my own image.

2nd question: Have you ever thought about what you would be 10 years from now? 

Jay Chou: I’m 30 now, I think about it sometimes, 10 years from now will people still accept my music, will there be a generation gap with the fans, because I’m older now, hoho.

3rd question: Up to now, what has been the most important thing in your life?

Jay Chou: Probably filming an American movie, as I let more people know I’m an artist.

4th question: Well is there anything left you haven’t done that you want to do?

Jay Chou: I want to sing at the Grammy Awards. This is a challenge, lets see if someone singing Chinese can enter the US market.

5th question: Every time you release an album, lots of female celebs use you to make news, are you troubled by it?

Jay Chou: Actually it’s quite troubling, sometimes it’s wrong to respond and wrong not to respond, I don’t know if I’m helping them or causing more harm to them.

6th question: You’ve probably got a childlike side, do you ever act immature or throw a cute tantrum?

Jay Chou: In front of my mom I’m quite immature. My childlike side hasn’t completely gone yet, when I see something nice I want to buy it, I think I’m the kind of person who will raise a cow just because I want to drink milk.

7th question: You’re so busy and you’ve got so much pressure, have you ever thought about escaping?

Jay Chou: I’ve only skipped out of it once during the 10 years. That time all the workers couldn’t find me, I turned off my phone, I hid at the recording studio and slept. I was too tired, at that time I thought the company wanted me to die of tiredness, the second day I had to fly to another place, I just felt I couldn’t do it anymore, so I hid.

8th question: What plans do you have for the next 10 years?

Jay Chou: There are still many things I want to do, I want to be a presenter. I also hope to release an album in America, I hope I can release a Chinese album.

9th question: You’ve already become a heavenly king in the music industry, will you create a music kingdom belonging to your brand?

Jay Chou: I don’t dare say I’m a heavenly king, at present I’m still trying to maintain my results. I’ve already gone 10 years, I hope I can continue another 10 years.

10th question: The saying goes “men take their stand at 30”, have you thought about when you will start a family?

Jay Chou: My thoughts change every year, last year I thought if there was a perfect marriage opportunity at 35 it would be good, but now I’m thinking I’m still young and I should keep going.
http://magictiuperman.tumblr.com