Monday, February 21, 2011

Jay Chou on Readers Digest

Photo credits: http://caroline-ho.blogspot.com/2011/02/jay-chou-on-readers-digest.html

I found out about Jay's story on Reader's Digest Asia through Ate Yollie. She knows I love Jay Chou so she sent me a message that there's a story about Jay Chou on this month's Reader's Digest. I wanted to buy the magazine right away because I wanted to see Jay's story but then I hesitated a bit when I was at the bookstore because it's Php 160.00. I thought that maybe I can just searched the story online so I can post it. But still I ended up buying the Php160.00 magazine even though I'm close to being broke.I asked Ate Yols to search the story online and she found it with the same pictures from the magazine but small ones though.

I was just too happy that he has a story on Reader's Digest Asia. However, when I got home I found out that there's another version of the cover. I wanted my hands on that Jay Chou cover. I found out that it's available in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and other Asian countries I guess but sadly not the Philippines.

I also watched The Green Hornet purely because of Jay Chou nothing more and nothing less. I first seen Jay's acting in The Green Hornet then Initial D which was his acting debut then most recently Secret. If I were to compare his acting from Initial D to Secret and then The Green Hornet, his most recent foray into acting; he definitely improved a lot on his acting prowess. I loved his performance in Secret although critics says that he's not the best option as a romantic lead. Maybe it was still a bit lacking that time but I felt the emotions of his character but he still has lots to give on that character though. As for Initial D, I can't really say if his acting was good or not there since the character calls for it. So people couldn't really judge his acting performance there. But still I'm happy that he got the role to play Kato  than Stephen Chow portraying it. It was really for him. I just wished though that there were more scenes of Jay displaying his extraordinary musical skills in the movie.

For me, it's okay if he goes doing Hollywood movies once in awhile but I don't want him to be immersed too much in Hollywood. I don't want him to be influenced by how things are working there. Gladly, he said that he will be going back to his music because he is the KING of ASIAN MUSIC and no one can ever come close.

Here's some photos from the magazine:




He looks a lot like his mommy! He's so cute!

I got this from Salt and Vinegar blog too.

To quote 8 days (entertainment magazine) :

Then : We had four heavenly kings
Now: Jay Chou versus his multi-hyphenate self (Singer, Composer, actor, director, talk-show host). A choice! We used to have a choice!