Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 27, 2008

Question Mark

This is part two to “Questions and Answers” that I wrote last Saturday, November 22. I’m writing this now because something was up last night. Mr. Question Mark suddenly called out of nowhere. I was at that time reading some book reviews when I heard my eldest brother hitting the ceiling to call attention that someone was on the phone. I went down and saw the phone but it never occurred to me that it might be him. So I answered the phone and when he hasn’t answered, I knew it was him. I didn’t have expectations or whatsoever that it might be him. It was practically out of my mind.


To my ultimate dismay, all he could say was the following: (1.) Fabio told him that I just left him at our living room last Saturday when he came to return my notebook and he was complaining. (2) He was reviewing for some international exam. (3) He needs money because he has already spent quite a sum of money for his self review. (4) He asked if my notebook is ok now. These four petty points were just the things he could gather to come out from his mouth.


I hated it, if all these things were all he could say then he really shouldn’t have called at all. Anna, my college friend said in a rude way, “He called just to say those? “ Another spiteful thing was that he hasn’t called or even sent me a text message for a week and five days. I know he said in November 13 that he was busy and all that. But this is my idea of being busy, even when you’re busy if you really want to reserve a little time for that person, you can and you will. And without hesitation he didn’t. I know I shouldn’t be complaining because in the first place I’m not his girlfriend and he is neither my boyfriend.

Back in the days, I also did the same thing to him this January until July. But this and he taking no notice of me for a week and five days are poles apart. We began talking; going home together and eating more often. Coincidentally, his workplace was near mine. Besides, I wasn’t the one who started this, it was him. And I thought this was particularly normal since he didn’t have a choice because I was the only person he knows working in Makati then. So when I left Makati, I didn’t tell him and by January, I started disregarding him since I thought it wasn’t necessary to text or call him. Besides, what’s the point in doing so because I knew nothing could translate into something romantic. But it’s basically different now since he began calling me in August. Then after that, we started talking to the phone frequently and although I liked it, I was getting to a point that I’ll get use to this routine. And yes, I did get used to it so I started expecting him to call at least twice a week. When he doesn’t call, I get mad at him and he actually did this twice already.


Note: I call him Question Mark because I think he has this big question mark all over him. He seemed to be confused and he doesn't seem to get his guts to say what he really wants to say.