Monday, April 27, 2009



(Photo by Janice Sabnal )
article.wn.com

Summer Rain

I hate the rain. But I also hate the sun. People just couldn’t get enough, do they? It’s been raining since I got back from Baguio last 13. This is so unusual in the Philippines especially in Manila, to be raining like this in summer. Is this another sign of global warming are we seeing? I don’t really remember having summer here where it’s raining. I honestly think, this is only happening now.

Like I said, I hate the rain especially when the city goes flooded. How can I even manage to go home, without letting my feet get dip in dirty canal water? That’s just gross. It really sucks when it floods. It happens all the time, more so when it rains hard or when there’s a typhoon. Then I see kids at our neighborhood enjoying the rain, and the flood that instantly became their public swimming pool. The kids are enjoying along with floating cockroaches and rats on the road.

However, I’m not saying that I like the sun. I don’t like the sun either and its scorching heat. It’s really a pain whenever its summer here especially in Manila. Thank God, I had the chance to go to Baguio and have a breather from the sweltering heat in the metro. I love Baguio; it’s really nice to live there. Besides, it’s nearer to my province. I even thought of relocating there, if there will be chances. I’d definitely love to go back especially when it’s really hot in Manila.

Summer Rain, this might be the first time I’d ever experience such summer in Manila. It’s really weird to be seeing rain, even floods in a season we call summer. Perhaps, we should change how we call it then. Maybe we should just call it the Summer Rain season.