Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Wimbledon 2009

It’s all been about the absence of Rafael Nadal. Then everyone went agog with Federer, from his long overdue French Open victory last month. And with Murray, being the British hope. Also, with the other Andy, Andy Roddick. Well, I’m neither a Murray fan nor a Roddick fan but I do like Federer. But I like Djokovic best and Marat Safin. Even though Marat is going to retire at the end of the year, I still love him. Besides, he’s been there. He knows exactly how it feels up there. He feels great about himself. He had great comebacks and that’s a nice way to retire.

Anyway, Djokovic has been overshadowed by the Federer – Murray anticipated finals boo-gaa-boo. However, this doesn’t make him any less of a threat. Remember, the biggest threat is the one you don’t notice. Like he said, it’s better playing low- key because the pressure is lesser. He lets Federer and Murray enjoy all the attention.

Nole, a 2007 semi – finalist here and 2008 Australian Open champion; lost to Marat Safin last year 2008 in the first round. Well I couldn’t blame him; Marat is definitely one of the best players in his generation. Nole is great player but maybe Marat was a bit too strong that time. Nole is in the last 16, he won his fourth round match with Dudi Sela, the 46th ranked from Israel.

I’m crossing my fingers; I desperately want Nole to win this one. It would really be a surprise to all who’s been all heads on Federer and Murray. It would be a big spoil to the British fans hoping for Murray to end the long British title holder drought. I really hope Nole trashes Federer and Murray or whoever gets into the finals. GO NOLE! YOU CAN DO THIS! FIGHTING! GAMBARE!