Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Stranger Calls


A stranger called me on Tuesday night, January 20. I was then busy doing something when I heard the phone ringing. I knew there’s someone downstairs so I don’t really bother to answer the phone. And it didn’t even come to me that it might be him calling. When I was told that the call was for me, still it didn’t occur to me that it could really be him. I answered the phone and when no one answered, I knew immediately it was him. He was the only person I know who’s like that. But I really thought it was Jacky.

To be honest, I really didn’t feel anything at all. I wasn’t happy nor was I sad or angry. I used to be so excited whenever the phone rings expecting it was him calling. But that call really had a different feel for me. I still talk to him the way I used to. I don’t know if I’m being judgmental and unfair to think that he only called to remind me of my debt. But I always think of him this way.

Then he suddenly blurted that he didn’t know I went home to the province. To top it all, he even said why I didn’t even told him I was going home. Should I? And I doubt it because Joanne told me once that Fabio and he went to her place. Joanne even asked if they’re going to my place which they answered maybe next time. So how could he not know I was there? He just really didn’t pay any attention or they had no plans at all. Well it didn’t really matter to me whether they did come or not. What matters is he’s lying again in my face.

I just gave his sister the payment for the rest of my debt. His sister told me I could have just gone to their place. She even asked me if the reason why I gave the payment to her instead of him was because I don’t want to see her brother. I was really caught off guard by what Ading said because she was damn right.

As days pass, he just might become stranger and stranger to me. I’m not sure if I still can remain friends with someone who only toys with someone else’s feelings. Maybe we’re just supposed to be mere strangers to each other. That way, we’ll be well again.